Questions about People
- How do I join the POE project?:
- Contributions vary from easy to very, very hard. It's all worthwhile in the end.
- Curtis Poe:
- People constantly ask [Curtis Poe] if he's "The POE Guy". Curtis POE is not the POE guy. Please stop asking him. Rocco Caputo created POE, and a bunch of people write it (yay, open source). Curtis is not one of them.
Questions about POE
- /Is POE included in Perl's standard distribution?:
- Sorry to disappoint you. :(
- /Is POE compatible with Windows?:
- Do you mean Windows 95, 98, 98se, ME, XP, NT 3, NT 4, or 2000?
- /Will Perl 6 make POE obsolete?:
- Sorry to disappoint you. :)
- /What do version numbers mean?:
- They're a little odd.
Also see the POE Cookbook.
- Are POE and Moose compatible?:
- In short, yes.
- How does POE react to time changes?:
- Daylight saving time wreaks havoc with clocks. How does that affect POE?
- Why does POE pass parameters as array slices?:
- @_[KERNEL, HEAP, ARG0] and the reasons for it.
- /How do I fix memory or resource leaks?:
- Techniques for hunting the elusive resource leak.
- /How do I force a session to shut down?:
- Stopping sessions for the impatient.
- /How should I create my session?:
- There's more than one way to do it.
- /Why do my sessions not stop on their own?:
- What keeps sessions alive, and what you can do about it. This also explains why sessions don't stop sometimes.
- /How do I sleep without pausing everything?:
- Porting blocking delays to POE events.
- /How do I loop without pausing everything?:
- Porting long loops to POE events.
- /Should I use Event.pm with POE?:
- Some reasons for using this plug-in event loop, and some reasons not to.
- /Why doesn't my POE program end when I hit Ctrl-C?:
- A little about how POE handles signals and process hogging.
- /Is POE thread safe?:
- what can I share.
- How do I get a process' exit value with Wheel::Run?:
- A recent post to POE's mailing list explains how to match SIGCHLD data to one of many Wheel::Run instances.
- /run method never called?:
- Why do I get "POE::Kernel's run() method was never called" when I try to run my POE program as a daemon?
- /Delay for another session:
- Many folks want to post to another session after a delay.
- Should AIO (IO::AIO) be used to open/close files to avoid blocking?
Questions about POE::Component::IRC
Also see the IRC section in the POE Cookbook.
- Why does POE::Component::IRC send messages so slowly?:
- The mechanics of IRC flood protection, on the server and client sides, and ways to avoid it.
- Can't locate POE/Component/IRC.pm in @INC?:
- I installed POE, but my IRC script gives me that error. Why, oh why?!