[The translation program] may not be adequately documented. Because it's being rewritten, it won't be supported in its current state.
A second design is in the long, slow process of being written in people's spare time. Contact Rocco if you have some spare time and would like to see it done sooner.
Things to see here:
- [Original input file] - The user-editable source for all the other files here. It's modeled after [Libero] with some Perl-y extensions. The rest of the files on this page were generated automatically from this one.
- [Generated Perl code] - The executable version of the TAP/ISO pager client. It works, by the way.
- [Generated graphviz source] - The translation program can create diagrams as graphviz source files.
- [PostScript output] - Grahpviz's PostScript rendition of the state diagram.
- [Acrobat PDF output] - Graphviz's PostScript rendition converted into a PDF.
Graphviz can also create GIF and PING files, but they tend to be huge. Scaling them to reasonable sizes makes their details difficult to see. The PostScript and PDF renditions are scalable, and you can zoom in to see their finer details.
The language needs a name. It would be nice to have one with a pronounceable acronym. Here's a current list of suggestions:
- POE's State Machine Language ("piss mill"; PSML)
- POE Automata Description Language ("paddle"; PADL)
- POE Automata Devilish Description Language Extension ("paddle"; PADDLE)
- POE State Machine Description Language ("poe's model"; POES MDL)
- POE Machine Description Language ("poe model"; POE MDL; POEM DL)
- POE Modelling Language ("pummel"; POE ML)
- POE State Machine Modelling Language ("psummel"; POE SMML)
- High Level Universal Automaton Generator ("HLUAG!"; HLUAG)
- That POE Thingy (no pronunciation; TPT)