- POE 1.00
- Finish POE::Stage
Thanks go out to everyone who applied.
2006-05-01 - These ideas are just suggestions to help inspire people. If you'd like to run your own ideas past people, try channel #poe on irc.perl.org, or POE's mailing list.
These are the official ideas from [TPF's GSoC Ideas page]:
- Bring POE closer to 1.0. One of the documented goals for POE 1.0 is test coverage as complete as humanly possible. We're currently at 54%. Bringing it up to 80% is probably a realistic goal for the Summer of Code.
- Implement base classes for POE::Stage. POE::Stage is designed to be a standard class library for POE components. It encapsulates some of the strongest component design patterns that have emerged in eight years of POE development, but it lacks many of the basic features POE already provides. The goal is to duplicate POE's feature set in POE::Stage. Luckily POE::Stage delegates most of the hard work to POE itself, so the bulk of the work will be designing and writing interfaces. POE::Stage is on the CPAN, and its project is hosted at http://thirdlobe.com/.
- Get [POE-Component-BitTorrent] to a working state. Most of the hard work is done. Only fun to be had here.
- Restructure [Workbench] into a hubbed architecture that allows different protocol conduits and back-end services to interact together. Turn the project into a full-fledged CPAN distribution along the way, with documentation, tests, and everything.
- Somebody prod me with a pitchfork to get my p2p modules out on CPAN! - ekkis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- It's a wiki! Sign up (bottom of the page), and add your own ideas.